Friday, May 27, 2005

another friday?

Olympia will always be a sunny half-world. It seems to have been created out of the mind of a deranged easterner--someone yearning for wet warmth and overgrowth, scared of the endless expanses of the midwest and so decided to erect all these stripmalls and concrete abberations.
However, I seem to be catching up. The safe serenity of smoking a pipe in this tiny messy cream-colored room, stumbling down the hall to the bathroom, which is entirely coated in the overflow of human bodies, and I wonder to myself, will there someday be a me who couldn't stand these living conditions? Will I someday be a person who can keep money in the bank, who can vaccuum twice weekly?
It's a relief to be here with Tanner. To be mesmerized by the skin on his back and to take drives along these circular western roads, but I know we both yearn for new england. How solid the trees, there, the ones that know their place and grow only so tall. Will I miss all the mid-day sunshowers?
-Adrienne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home